April 20, 2012
(See full report with photos/media links – click here)
ROCK ISLAND, IL – Monoxivent/Crawford Co. hosted a groundbreaking ceremony this morning to kick off an expansion project in Rock Island’s Sunset Industrial Park.The company will be adding a 20,000-square-foot building to accomodate a commitment to grow its manufacturing division, Monoxivent. Crawford’s other divisions will maintain space within existing buildings. The expansion will bring the cumulative facility size to 67,000-square-feet on 3.63 acres.
“Our sales volume has grown over the years and we have been challenged for space on our production floor,” President Bob Frink said. “This new addition will allow us to become more effective and efficient.”
The $1.7-million project will include 26 additional parking spaces, new landscaping, and the building. The new building will include manufacturing, warehousing, shipping and receiving, and will incorporate a state-of-the-art training style classroom. The project will add a number of construction jobs to workers in a variety of trades.
Support for the project came from THE National Bank, Quad Cities Chamber, the City of Rock Island, the SBA (Small Business Administration), and the Advantage Illinois Program.
“When Crawford Company approached the Quad Cities Chamber about their expansion project we were thrilled to assist,” said Tara Barney, president and CEO, QC Chamber. “This is one of the things the Chamber does – we are here as a resource to facilitate business growth, and in this case, that meant working through financing options with the state and Crawford.”
The current company-wide employment sits at 72, with three office personnel hired within the past 60 days. The company plans to add five more salaried positions within the next 12 months. Total sales, in 2011, reached $17.9-million.
The company last expanded in 2000 with a 21,000-square-foot addition.
Crawford, founded in 1952 by Harvey Crawford, is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. Monoxivent was founded in 1953.
Crawford Company is a leader in the bi-state region for heating, air conditioning, plumbing, laser cutting, and welding within industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Monoxivent produces indoor air cleaning systems mainly throughout the United States and Canada within industrial and commercial markets. Monoxivent also goes to market within the fiberglass reinforced plastics market through the UnderDuct and Corrosion Composites brands.
The company owners include: President Bob Frink and Vice Presidents Jim Maynard and Ian Frink. Larry Anderson serves as CFO. Monoxivent’s Division Manager is Erik Swanson.
Project Quick Facts:
– 20,000 sq. ft. expansion
– $1.7 million investment for expansion
– Support from: THE National Bank, SBA, Advantage Illinois, Quad Cities Chamber, City of Rock Island
– New building for Monoxivent manufacturing, warehousing, shipping/receiving, training center
– New landscape plan; 26 new parking spaces
– Total size of facility, post expansion: 67,000 sq. ft. (on 3.63 acres)
– 72 current employees, 5 additional jobs within 12 months
– Bob Frink, president
– Ian Frink, vice president
– Jim Maynard, vice president
– Larry Anderson, controller
– Erik Swanson, Monoxivent division manager
– Terry Cahill, FRP division manager
– Mike Murphy, national sales manager
– Jim Wischhusen, senior product manager
– Susan Reynolds, production manager
– Marty McNeil, product manager
– Dan Spaete, product manager
– Scott Reynolds, shipping/receiving manager
– Jeff Gentry, shop manager
– Kevin Peters, production
– Sam Stelzner, engineer
– Brian Phipps, engineer
– Paula Pratt, administrative support