Monoxivent, founded in 1953, has grown from a small shop to a thriving corporation. The “Monoxivent brand” originated under the KENT-MORE corporate umbrella in Detroit, MI. In the early days, the company promoted “getting rid of exhaust fumes, without wasting heat!” A selling point that holds true in the 21st Century. Health, safety, and efficiency were also big selling points in the 1950’s, as they are today.
The Monoxivent Jr. was an early top seller and was targeted towards gasoline service stations. The system offered an inexpensive, yet practical method of eliminating fumes. A version of this is offered today with high-temperature hose and door ports.
Underfloor systems were also very popular from the outset. Neoprene, stainless steel, and galvanized tubing were all popular options, especially in the 1960’s and 1970’s.
The company moved to Moline, IL/Rock Island, IL (Quad Cities), in the 1980’s. John Sandberg and Drake DeVore grew the business throughout the nation in the 1980’s and through the 1990’s. DeVore added “DSP” to the corporate name in the 1990’s. Today the company is referred to as Monoxivent once again.
Crawford Co. then purchased Monoxivent in 2000 and brought the company into its corporate mix.
Bob Frink served as Monoxivent president from 2000-2017 and, under his direction, Monoxivent diversified its’ standard product and increased production of custom items. Sales have continued to grow and the Monoxivent “standard product offering” now totals over 900 items! The current management team includes Owners Ian Frink and Jim Maynard, along with CFO Larry Anderson. Erik Swanson is Monoxivent’s Division Manager, while Jim Wischhusen is FRP Division Manager.